PAY RESEARCH UNIT
- Collection, compilation and analysis of quarterly data on actual expenditure incurred on pay and various types of allowances as well as data pertaining to the strength of the Central Government Civilian Employees and Employees of Union Territory Administrations.
- To work out the financial implication of various proposals related to revision of the rates of allowances in connection with Joint Consultative Machinery (JCM) meetings etc. from time to time.
- Maintaining relevant information in respect of minimum pay, DA, etc. of State Government employees.
- Conducting sample surveys studies pertaining to certain aspects of working conditions of the Central Government Employees.
- Supply of relevant information in respect of pay and service conditions of Central Government employees to Central Government bodies such as Study Group on Wages, income and prices, Finance Commission, State Pay Commission etc.
- Collection, compilation and analysis of data on pay scale-wise and group wise number of sanction posts and number of incumbents in position.
- Bringing out an annual publication viz, “Annual Report on pay and Allowances of Central Government Employees”.